WG1 – Exchange
This is always an important topic for SID and we still need to work on it. We have had excellent outcomes from the previous SID meeting in Poland and results can only be achieved by concentrating on solutions but it’s important to have clear outputs that can be implemented over the next year. Therefore, the goals for this group are set out below:
- Surveying and analyzing exchange statistics for 2016 (trends, high number of rejections)
- Digitization of AC exchange
- How can we promote COBE offers? (Policy or procedure guide as a result would be appreciated)
- How can we improve satisfaction levels of employers? -with update on trainee report
- Activity Report: re-design. How to present IAESTE exchange data in more useful way.
WG2 – Marketing Plan
Marketing is an essential component in increasing the number of exchanges, and therefore we need to set forth a specific marketing policy. Some countries have done remarkable work in this area but we need to encourage countries to use marketing as tool to promote the spirit of IAESTE.
Further, marketing plays a significant role in other parts of the programme, particularly in regards to exchange and sponsorship. Therefore, the following topics will be discussed:
- What should be the strategy and action plan in IAESTE for marketing? (including reviewing existing documents)
- Social media campaigns (Content and timeline)
- IAESTE marketing/promotion/branding: Why is it that in some countries the IAESTE brand is well known and countries are doing well in marketing and in some countries the IAESTE brand is not promoted at all? What should be the marketing standard in IAESTE? What should be the duties of members related to promotion of IAESTE? How can we encourage countries to follow these rules?
- International branding vs. national branding: How to find synergy and build integral IAESTE branding worldwide?
- IAESTE corporate Identity Manual
- Fundraising strategy
WG3 – Alumni
Alumni are important to IAESTE in so many ways. They touch every area of our work and we are committed to achieving a thriving Alumni Network that yields positive results and contributes to our overall strategy.
This WG will tackle 3 main topics
- How to utilize our new Alumni Network platform
- How to engage members to make full use of the opportunities provided by alumni
- The IAESTE Alumni Conference
WG4 – 70th Anniversary & IAESTE Day
The aim of the 70th anniversary celebration is to “externally” celebrate the 70th Anniversary, to make IAESTE members proud of being part of IAESTE, but more importantly, to raise awareness about IAESTE externally. We also have IAESTE Day, which is one of the most important events for IAESTE. This group will discuss the following topics and produce action plans for:
- 70th Anniversary “Celebrations plan”
- IAESTE awards
- IAESTE day
WG5 – Relations with international organizations/companies
UN, UNESCO, UNIDO, OECD, WORLD BANK, etc. are organizations mentioned in IAESTE publications as the institutions we cooperate with, however these relations are currently very limited and there is a huge potential to develop them. These kinds of organizations have wide network and some international companies have lots of branches all over the world which would like to cooperate with IAESTE to expand their network as well.
Therefore, the following topics will be discussed:
- What is the potential of these relationships?
- How IAESTE could better cooperate with international organizations and with which ones to cooperate.
- How we can show the benefit of IAESTE to international organizations and companies.
Good knowledge about international organizations is required for fruitful discussion in this group.